Re: Updates SOLVED!

Michael Schwendt wrote:
On 14/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
I know have 2 mirrors to check and both error out when they
appear to stop getting much past 2.5 mb of the total 7.7 mb required.
Odd because I manually d/l the darn thing and it IS 7.7 Mb.

Seems I need to figure out what is causing this problem.

It is strong evidence that a partial and possibly corrupted download
still sits in /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/packages/ prior to your test.
Yum attempts at continueing the download by fetching only the
remainder instead of starting from scratch. It's a problem it doesn't
escape from automatically. You need to do the necessary cleanup
yourself (or point it to a working mirror if the mirror is the
culprit).

The culprits are Karl's fingers. They do the thinking for him ;-)

--
Erik.