Updates SOLVED!

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:09:01 UTC 2008

On 15/01/2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > And explicit execution of "yum --enablerepo=..." for cherry-picking
> > packages is only for people who know what they are doing.
>
> You mean you think it is better to permanently enable these repositories?

Yes. Choose a set of repos and keep it enabled. Else you don't receive
updates. Further, enabling specific repos on demand does not protect
you from dependency problems either, because packages from different
repos can still upgrade/replace eachother. Sometimes without problems,
another time breaking deps. And then the damage is done.

> What repositories do you have enabled, as a matter of interest?

Currently only fedora, updates, livna and adobe-linux-i386.

I've disabled updates-testing recently because I can't afford being a
guinea-pig for so many completely untested updates and upgrades and
because my negative vote in the updates system did not stop a broken
k3b upgrade from being pushed into the updates repo.