Updates SOLVED!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jan 15 14:39:16 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>>> "yum --enable=freshrpms clean packages" or
>>> "yum --enable=freshrpms clean all"
>>>
>>> when you work with repositories which are disabled by default.
>>>

>>     How are those above different than # yum clean all?
>>

> "yum clean all" only cleans the cache for each _enabled_ repository.
>
> When you have disabled freshrpms by default, "yum clean all" does NOT
> touch anything in /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/.

    Well I did do all the manual clearing of /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/
and it still fails. So does it fail when I force it to use livna.

    It is simply a case where if you use # yum remove pulseaudio it does
but it takes with it critical files that are not easy to replace. There
is somewhere a file missing or a simlink broken. And I and everyone on
this list can not find it.

    So I say lesson learned is DO NOT use yum remove unless your a real
expert.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI