Interrupts

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Tue Jan 15 17:07:24 UTC 2008

-We were having IP problems logging into a machine.
That is, we could log in but after a time, what seemed
random usually less than 2 minutes and sometimes right
away, we would get booted out (The machine did not
boot, we just had socket reset and our connection was
terminated).

We could not figure out why. We are using eth0.
Someone said to look at /proc/interrupts, so I did
and noticed this:

 CPU0 CPU1
 0: 245814562 245881443 IO-APIC-edge timer
 1: 0 10 IO-APIC-edge i8042
 4: 207 285 IO-APIC-edge serial
 8: 0 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 9: 0 10 IO-APIC-level acpi
 12: 0 67 IO-APIC-edge i8042
 14: 2211571 2211373 IO-APIC-edge ide0
169: 12782129 21 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, eth0, Port0
177: 0 0 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd
185: 7258 5832 IO-APIC-level uhci_hcd
193: 8 3 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd
201: 4185314 4182298 IO-APIC-level ipacdrvr
209: 550426 555313 IO-APIC-level ips
NMI: 0 0
LOC: 491120016 491120001
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

Port0 is a port on another card we have installed, which has its own driver.
I think uhci_hcd is a USB driver. Anyway, could this cause ehternet problems?
Anyway to remedy the situation?