Re: rdesktop woes

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: rdesktop woes
From: "Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings kjchome homeip net>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 01/15/2008 01:20 PM

Paul Lemmons wrote:

XP Home does not support rdesktop. You must be running XP Professional.

I think I need to get this statement clarified.  Windows Remote
Assistance works just fine to and from Windows XP Home.  Are you saying
that Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home use different versions
of the RDP?  And that rdesktop only supports the RDP version used by
Windows XP Pro?

Hmmm, if that's the case, then I had better change my plans to use my
local windows computers to help debug my Mom's computer.   sigh

Here is a link that I found that looks like it explains the differences. I did not search for very long so I am not sure of its quality but it looked good at a glance.

http://www.pccitizen.com/remotecontrol.htm