Re: Trying to rescue a hard disk -- weired feedback??

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:37:16AM -0700, Robin Laing wrote:

> 1.  If you have a drive carrier, put the drive in it and see what
> happens.  As Msquared state, changing the orientation of the drive
> worked for him.  Maybe having the drive on it's side will work long
> enough to get the data off.

Actually, that's not what I meant.  I meant that I had to manhandle the
drive at power-on to get it to spin up.

However, you are right: a different orientation may make a difference
(I did once come across a drive that only worked on its side).

Regards, Msquared...