rdesktop woes

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jan 16 04:05:56 UTC 2008

max wrote:
> Remote Desktop on windows requires a password on the account you are
> using to log in, the user must also be a member of the remote desktop
> users group or admin.  Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance are
> different. The proper box must be check on the system properties>Remote
> tab. I have rdesktop working here BTW.

Curious, Windows XP Firewall on all 3 machines have checkboxes for both
Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance on both my XP Home and my XP Pro
machines.  Is this just M$ being inconsistent?  Why allow an exception
for Remote Desktop on XP Home if it doesn't work?  Frustrated minds want
to know!  In any event, I have to figure out how to get remote desktop
set up on my XP Pro machine, just so I can see rdesktop work....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net