Sofware experience - 3D CAD

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Jan 16 17:14:58 UTC 2008

Brian Chadwick wrote:
> I would have thought a google search would have found these links for you:
>
> http://www.varicad.com/
Last time I checked, didn't offer a current version for Linux and the
Linux version was missing many items in comparison to the Windows
version.  Looks more promising that it did.

I will download the demo and give it a try today.

> http://www.inivis.com/

I cannot find any examples on there site on engineering drawings.

> http://www.gcad3d.org/
Looks worth trying but I cannot find if it supports Autocad files.

> http://hypertriton.com/cadtools/
Not much info on their site.  Will have to try the software if I have
time.  Doesn't look like it is a drafting package as much as an
interface between packages.

> Do a google search ... there are others as well

I wanted experience and references.  I have checked and bookmarked these
except the qcad3d link.  I even checked the qcad site yesterday but no
mention of 3D.

The autocad part is going to be an issue.

I don't care if it is commercial but I have to place the order in 24
hours for a commercial product.  This was a short notice on the ability
to purchase.

--
Robin Laing