Re: sun acquires MySQL

Robin Laing írta:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  just wondering how this will affect MySQL's availability WRT fedora.

http://blogs.mysql.com/kaj/sun-acquires-mysql.html/

As long as it remain open source (and I have no reason to doubt that), I don't see any reason for a change in availability.

Rahul

As one discussion that I read, this could be a great move. MySQL could be integrated into OpenOffice instead of base. Could be real competition to MS Office as a full suite.

Base is a client, although it has its own db engine. Just as Access.
Both can access real servers via some connector, like ODBC.