sun acquires MySQL

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed Jan 16 19:21:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 11:40:15 AM -0700, Robin Laing
(Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca) wrote:

> As one discussion that I read, this could be a great move.  MySQL
> could be integrated into OpenOffice instead of base.  Could be real
> competition to MS Office as a full suite.

Only if it is packaged to package everything in a database (data,
queries, whatever) in single files which can be exchanged without
problems with users of OOO of other platforms and/or other FOSS
suites, no?

I explained in detail the use case I refer to at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7800

		Marco
--
How to turn into Free Software supporters people who couldn't care
less                               http://digifreedom.net/node/103