Re: That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

On 16/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:

> The livna repo files have never
> even been looked at with "less".

But of course! If installed from the livna-release package, they would
be from Nov 7th. See "rpm -qlv livna-release | grep repo"

>     The livna.repo files are dated. The livna.repo file is
> 2008-01-15.That is impossible!

That means, you saved it on that date. "stat livna.repo" will tell.

> GPG key retrieval failed: [Errno 5] OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory: '/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-livna'

No surprise, because this key is found in the livna-release package.

> [root localhost karl]# rpm -i livna-release-8.rpm
> warning: livna-release-8.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID
> a109b1ec

Which did succeed, because you did not have any livna-release
installed already. Else rpm would fail and complain.

> [root localhost yum.repos.d]# ls -al livna.repo
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1808 2007-11-07 09:11 livna.repo

As expected, as described above.

>     So my opinion is the saved lina.repo had the date change that
> confused the livna repo system.

No, not at all. The "livna repo system" does not care about the date
of your files at all. You're chasing ghosts.