Re: sun acquires MySQL

M. Fioretti wrote:
On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 11:40:15 AM -0700, Robin Laing
(Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca) wrote:

As one discussion that I read, this could be a great move.  MySQL
could be integrated into OpenOffice instead of base.  Could be real
competition to MS Office as a full suite.

Only if it is packaged to package everything in a database (data,
queries, whatever) in single files which can be exchanged without
problems with users of OOO of other platforms and/or other FOSS
suites, no?

I explained in detail the use case I refer to at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7800

I always wondered why someone didn't revive the old DataPerfect file format for situations where you wanted everything stuck in the same file. Back in DOS days it was about the only thing where a database program and a useful amount of data would fit on a single floppy.

--
 Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com