sun acquires MySQL

Martin Marques martin at marquesminen.com.ar
Wed Jan 16 21:42:17 UTC 2008

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez escribió:
> El Miércoles, 16 de Enero de 2008 20:45, Martin Marques escribió:
>> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez escribió:
>>> Is it not in huge corporations already?
>> Which one?
>
> I know at least 3 of them which are in de ibex
> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBEX_35 ) that are using it.
>
> Those 3 are using MySQL in production enviroments without a problem

I'm not sure how the old 4.x issues MySQL had have been solved, but I
most likely wouldn't go near MySQL on a financial application, basically
because in some situations MySQL did things that it shouldn't (trying to
insert an invalid value for example).

Performance in a transactional environment is another issue.