sun acquires MySQL

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 16 22:35:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 2:45 PM, Martin Marques <martin at marquesminen.com.ar> wrote:
> Manuel Arostegui Ramirez escribió:
> > On Wednesday 16 January 2008 17:32:08 Srikanth Konjarla wrote:
> >> Looking at the initial reports it appears that the Sun's acquisition
> >> might do good to MySQL as Sun would be taking the product to huge
> >> corporations.
> >>

> > Is it not in huge corporations already?
>
> Which one?

FAST may not be huge, but Microsoft seem to think they're worth a
penny or two.  MySQL is used in their search engine product.

I must admit to chuckling at the thought of Microsoft distributing a
product that uses MySQL, Apache, Java, Python, PHP, OpenSSL and
Gigabase.  FAST Also used to steer customers away from Windows (to
Linux), but I don't know if they still say that...