Safe removal of pulseaudio

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jan 16 22:57:45 UTC 2008

    My F8 had a lot of rpm's with libs and binary files that make up a
working system. I find it to my advantage to remove these files. I used
a method I thought was going to be automatic using "yum". I used "yum
remove pulseaudio*" and I got a long list of things being deleted. I
didn't pay much attention but discovered my entire system was killed!

    When I installed F8 and after getting it set up I put the F8 DVD
back into the computer and looked at all the rpm's loaded and went to
those with pulseaudio in the name. There were about 5 and it was simple
to erase them if you picked the right ones first. I used no "rpm -e
--nodep" and they all are gone. I then had a total "update" and I looked
at /var/log/yum.log and see no more pulseaudio updates. This may have
been because I erased the original ones.

Karl