Anyone using Partimage?

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 01:44:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 3:54 AM, Jorge Fábregas <jorge.fabregas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> This is my first time using partimage with Fedora and I'm having this
> error
> which I've never seen:
>
> "can't read bitmap block 0 from image"
>
> I googled it and apparently it's related to partitions created with
> Anaconda
> although I'm not sure.
>
> The error appears as soon as the image creation is about to start. I
> fscked my
> partition first and there are no errors on it. I'm really clueless.
>
> I"m using Fedora 8.  Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jorge

Jorge - Would you like to try some other tool?
I run FC8 and have used gparted to resize/delete/create partitions.
I have even done the above operations on a Windows NTFS filesystem.
Get the Live CD here http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org/
Boot the system with this CD and off you go.

hope this helps.
~af