Re: DIR_COLORS, How to change blue to a darker blue, such as "Navy"?

Daniel,

 Your choices are very limited with respect to the color selections.
I wrote this simple program to display what colors can be used. It
will show the different 'escape sequences' that can be used.

http://64.124.13.3/projects/pfss/download/xtcolor

After you have made you choose, change the 'DIR' item in /etc/DIR_COLORS.
Or add the export of LS_COLORS to your ~/.bash_profile.

I am fiddling with /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, thinking that this is where
/etc/DIR_COLORS, 34/44=blue are being defined assuming an xterm window?

My problem is that blue (0,0,255) is a bright dazzling blue color and
I need to tone it down a bit to something like "Navy" in X terminology.

How can this be done or is it hardwired

Thanks!