DIR_COLORS, How to change blue to a darker blue, such as "Navy"?

William Estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Thu Jan 17 03:26:55 UTC 2008

Daniel,

  Your choices are very limited with respect to the color selections.
I wrote this simple program to display what colors can be used. It
will show the different 'escape sequences' that can be used.

http://64.124.13.3/projects/pfss/download/xtcolor

After you have made you choose, change the 'DIR' item in /etc/DIR_COLORS.
Or add the export of LS_COLORS to your ~/.bash_profile.