Linux Friendly Hardware Database ??

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jan 17 03:29:06 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>> John Summerfield wrote:
>
>>> I don't recall having CD coasters resulting from burn errors before.
>>>
>>> It happens I have a Sony CD burner, came with my thinkcentre. It can
>>> burn the CDs.
>>>
>>> Sony's on my no-buy list.
>>
>> ????
>>
>> You made coasters on non-sony drives.  You have used a Sony CD burner
>> and it can burn the CDs...and Sony is on your "no-buy list"?  Sorry,
>> the logic escapes me.
>
> It seems I can't burn Sony media on any of my non-Sony drives. I don't
> care to speculate on buying any more Sony media, and since I've been
> happy so far with Pioneer drives I plan to buy Pioneer drives into the
> future when I have the need.
>
> It happens that TDK DVD media check out okay using info from the website
> I mentioned, and those can be bought in any lof the local supermarkets
> and variety stores, so buying those is pretty simple.
>
> Logic seems simple to me:-)

Oh...  The OP was talking about the actual burner...never made mention of
the manufacturer of the media.  You then extended what the OP was saying to
include "Sony Media"...but at least to me that wasn't clear since when you
said "I recently bought a spindle of 50 CD-Rs" you didn't make it known who
the made them.

Hummm....  I can see why it is simple to you.   :-)

--
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi:
	Use the Force, Luke!