Linux Friendly Hardware Database ??

Msquared sub2.fedoralist at msquared.id.au
Thu Jan 17 03:34:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 11:39:23AM +0900, John Summerfield wrote:

> The first three I burned were in non-sony drives (pioneer DVD burners
> except I don't recall whether one of the three attempts were in my Mac),
> and all three were coasters.

I discovered that my (sort of recent, but not very recent) Pioneer DVD
burner could not burn DVD+R until I had updated it.  I thought I had
bought a bad batch of discs, but hadn't noticed they weren't the usual
DVD-R that I buy.

It was a PITA to update the DVD firmware, since only my laptop has Windows
(it came with Windows, I kept it for such occasions).  I ended up using
UBCD4Win to do the firmware update.

Regards, Msquared...