Another list

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Jan 17 06:36:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Vivek J. Patankar wrote:

> Ed Greshko wrote:
> > BTW, I've heard that the suicide rate in India has risen sharply since the
> > dawn of outsourcing....  :-)
>
> Never heard that one before. On the contrary, things are getting
> better here. I only read about farmers committing suicide due to
> failed crops in the papers.

i just recently heard a news report on the overwhelming stress levels
at indian call centres.  it's easy enough to google on the subject if
you want to know more:

http://www.google.com/search?q=stress+india+%22call+centers%22&sourceid=navclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGGL,GGGL:2006-10,GGGL:en

but that's wandering kind of far afield from fedora.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

Home page:                                         http://crashcourse.ca