Re: sun acquires MySQL

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

As Alan Cox said, Sun bought OO and, they have been working really hard in that piece of software and they've improved it quite a lot.

Manuel.
OO.o started as a fork from Star Office which initially was not open - but a Sun Product that they bought from some other company.

Personally I think OO is too bloated, but I don't run any software houses, so that opinion may not be worth much. I'm not quite sure what Sun wants with MySQL.