Does NetworkManager Work with WPA in Fedora 8?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:24:14 UTC 2008

On 17/01/2008, Rick Bilonick <rab at nauticom.net> wrote:
> I had networkmanager working nicely with wpa and with wep under Fedora
> 6. When I upgraded to Fedora 8 I could NOT get networkmanager to work
> with wpa. After following the directions in
>

> NetworkManager works OK with my home wep network - although it screws up
> when I'm connected to the wired network at the office (under Fedora 6
> this all worked seamlessly).

FWIW it works seamlessly here (on WPA and unencrypted wireless
as well as ethernet connections) with F8.  Initially with F7 I had problems,
mainly connecting to unencrypted wireless networks.  Bugzilla time I
think.

(I did open the network properties and check the new option allowing
NM to manage the connection for the ethernet interface.)

--
imalone