Re: sun acquires MySQL

Michael A. Peters wrote:
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:

As Alan Cox said, Sun bought OO and, they have been working really hard in that piece of software and they've improved it quite a lot.

Manuel.
OO.o started as a fork from Star Office which initially was not open - but a Sun Product that they bought from some other company.
Star Division, a German company. StarOffice was a free download, I used it on OS/2.

Personally I think OO is too bloated, but I don't run any software houses, so that opinion may not be worth much. I'm not quite sure what Sun wants with MySQL.

Maybe to promote SAMP as an alternative to LAMP. On rethinking, maybe it will be SAMJ.
.

--

Cheers
John