Re: That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

On Thursday 17 January 2008, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Debian and Ubuntu try to offer "everything" in their official repos.
> Still there are so many unofficial repos, I have doubts they all work
> together always. It's very likely that some of them are even mutually
> exclusive, e.g. see a long list at:  http://www.apt-get.org/main.php

Interesting.  Didn't know about apt-get.org.

Browsing that list gave me a laugh, though.  Debian Potato indeed.

I didn't see any repository listed there that is as extensive as, say, ATrpms
is.

I didn't take the time to look at every repo listed there, but a cursory skim
indicates that most are small, and none replace core packages that I could
see.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu