PCI-e video card recommendations

Dan Koehler darthbulk at warp-7.com
Thu Jan 17 19:08:44 UTC 2008

I just built an F8 box using a Radeon X1050 based card.  I think it
was from GeCube (HM1050P-D3), and it has 256M of RAM on board, with
128bit RAM data path.  It worked fine right away in the install.  I
didn't need speed, but most cards in this price range only have a 64
bit RAM data path...this one is 128 bit.

Heck, I just checked Newegg and found this card is $40 with a $25
mail in rebate.  So for $15 bucks you can have a PCI-e card that works :-)

Dan

--
SCANNED for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner.