That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jan 17 19:10:00 UTC 2008

Lamar Owen wrote:

> If we understand that Fedora is an ideal enthusiast Linux then the whole 'user
> is responsible for their own mix and matching' attitude is very
> understandable.  If we think that Fedora is an ideal newbie or general-user
> distribution, then, well, I have an old Crosley four cylinder you'd love to
> drop into a Ford Festiva.  I'll come back in twenty years after you've made
> it work. :-)
Well said. Fedora is not an ideal newbie or general-user
distribution, and does not claim to be. I have never understood the
people that keep demanding that it be something that it is not. One
reason for having different Linux distributions is that they are
aimed at different audiences. There is not a "one size fits all"
distribution, and I feel there shouldn't be.

Mikkel