How To Find Out Fan Speed Via Software

max bianco maximilianbianco at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 19:31:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 17, 2008 2:02 PM, Tom Weniger <trweniger at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/1/17 max bianco <maximilianbianco at gmail.com>:
> > I ran sensors-detect as mentioned at the beginning of the thread and it
> > helped straighten out some temp issues I was seeing via the sensor
> applet. I
> > still don't have fan speed and such but i did not follow through on all
> the
> > instructions from sensors-detect which included( i  am not at the
> machine in
> > question) pasting something into the /etc/rc  . I wasn't really sure and
> > really didn't have time to do it. Anyone know if this will help with
> getting
> > the fan speed ?
> >

> Greetings Max,
>
> You could "add" the sensors-applet to the panel. It has the fan speeds
> in the preferences.

I had done that but I did not see fan speed under preferences. I am 99% sure
it is supported by my hardware so I may have to edit sensors.conf . I will
not be able to tinker with it till I get home. Yes i could setup remote
access to my home but then I would never get any work done. I would spend
all my time tinkering with my PC , which I would much prefer, instead of
doing my job and working on all these pieces of excrement.

-Max