Re: Wake On LAN on Fedora 7?

Chris Snook wrote on Thursday 17 January 2008:

> The correct way to do enable WOL is to add the following to
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:
>
> ETHTOOL_OPTS="wol g"

It would not work for me, because ETHTOOL_OPTS is only honored in ifup-eth
script, not in ifdown-*. Once my NIC is *down* it ignores any packet sent
to it. The only way (for me) to have WOL is to create a halt.local script
as I described before. It also does not require any initscript
modifications which could be lost after an update. :)

--
bye,
Adalbert

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper. --
Thomas Jefferson