Re: VLC and fedora 8: the last word

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Ed Greshko wrote:

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  i realize this has been beaten to death, but for my own peace of
mind, i took one of my 13 spare laptops, installed the 64-bit unity
respin of F8 on it, did not do any further updating, and just followed
the instructions here:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-fedora.html

result?  apparently successful installation of VLC:

  41 pkgs installed
  0 updated
  0 removed

should i have expected anything untoward?
No...  And it probably would have worked out equally well had the
instructions said "use freshrpms".  I don't see the need to test it.

well, given the recent hubbub, i just thought it was worth verifying
from a clean install.  i'm just like that.  :-)

13 spare laptops, huh?  I can give you a shipping address if they
are collecting too much dust.  :-)

heh.  nice try.  it comes with being an independent trainer -- have
portable classroom, will travel.

Oh, they're not *really* spare then...  :-(

--
NOTICE: alloc: /dev/null: filesystem full