Re: Wake On LAN on Fedora 7?

Adalbert Prokop wrote:
Chris Snook wrote on Thursday 17 January 2008:

The correct way to do enable WOL is to add the following to
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:

ETHTOOL_OPTS="wol g"

It would not work for me, because ETHTOOL_OPTS is only honored in ifup-eth script, not in ifdown-*. Once my NIC is *down* it ignores any packet sent to it. The only way (for me) to have WOL is to create a halt.local script as I described before. It also does not require any initscript modifications which could be lost after an update. :)

D'oh! I should have noticed earlier that you're using atl1. Yeah, that's a driver bug. The fix is queued up for the 2.6.25 upstream kernel.

	-- Chris