Tiny server?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Jan 18 01:07:43 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:

> But being serious, I think you may be on the wrong list for that sort of
> thing.  You want an OS that's designed for efficiency (Damn Small Linux,
> perhaps?), whereas Fedora seems to be the *big* Swiss Army knife with
> razor sharpened edges - size being less important than features.

I agree that I am not really on the right list,
since my query was entirely hardware-related.

But I don't really see the need for a small linux today.
(I tried Damn Small Linux on a small USB stick some time ago,
and wasn't too happy with it.)
It seems to me any new machine allows enough RAM today for anything
I'm likely to do,
and 4GB or even 8GB USB sticks seem cheap enough.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366