Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it!

Joshua Andrews josh at wavefood.com
Fri Jan 18 04:36:37 UTC 2008

Ric Moore wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-16 at 08:30 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>>> "Welcome to the Hotel Karlifornia ..."
>>>

>> The *best* thing out of this entire thread is that I'm now watching "The
>> Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai - Across the 8th Dimension".
>>
>> Thanks again Ric
>>
>> I also learned another lesson....
>>

> OK, I'll bite! What did you learn? And did you enjoy Buckaroo? I would
> suggest "Plug Head" #1 and #2 for your next install of the best of
> Geekly Sci-Fi. (search eBay for "circuitry man")
>
> Afterwards you can then shoot yourself, as you would have seen it all.
> OR, remain here on Earth and pass my favor forward. <huge chuckles>
> Enjoy! :) Ric

You know this subject is going to be killfiltered or just ignored by
most people, which is really too bad for anyone who wants to learn
something about "Updates'!

Wow, if folks would stick to the subject more or less and if the list
was searchable what a great helpful resource this list could be...

More to the subject; I keep getting the same slow-as-molasses mirror
every time I run yum. Is there a way to be more geo-spacific about the
choice of mirror servers?

thanks,
- Joshua