Re: Detecting X at logon

max wrote:
Joe Tseng wrote:
I'd like to have some GUI apps start when I log on but only if I'm using Xwindows. Is it possible I could have them called conditionally from bash_profile?

I am not sure if this is what you mean or exactly what you want but go to:
System>Preferences>Personal>Sessions>

you can add programs to startup here, I assume they would only come up with X windows running. Also under Session Options you can have the computer remember what programs are running.

-Max

Thanks Max, I have put Thunderbird and Firefox to start when Xwindows is full up. It means I just wait for the mail to arrive.

Karl