F8 is a problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 01:00:01 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    Yes I know Fedora is a testing ground. Yes I know most of you tigers
> think I am stupid and for some good grounds. But I am a muli-million
> dollar person who worries not about gasoline prices or where the next
> meal comes from.
>
>    But I DO worry why I can't get F8 to work. It works a few days and
> then goes to hell. So I am back here on F7 which seems to work well. At
> least the audio is good and I can do things I must.
>

> Karl

I still have an Fedora 7 system, not because one version is problematic
over another but because I downloaded the image and never burned a DVD
for the other computer yet.

I do now have a problem with the Fedora 7 computer where nmd or some
other factor related to names for the server to connect is busted but I
can still use the ip. The speed for transfers is faster than the windows
server for the same task, so I'll wait for a fix once I get the DVD
burned for an upgrade or just wait until Fedora 9 is released.

Basically, if one version works for you and is still supported with
updates, there is no great reason to rush for an upgrade in version. If
Fedora 7 works best for you, you have awhile before it becomes
unsupported. Fedora 9 is not yet in the alpha phase so time is not critical.

Regarding finances, I'm far from rich.

Jim

--
"But I don't like Spam!!!!"