F8 is a problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sat Jan 19 01:20:13 UTC 2008

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>    Yes I know Fedora is a testing ground. Yes I know most of you
>> tigers think I am stupid and for some good grounds. But I am a
>> muli-million dollar person who worries not about gasoline prices or
>> where the next meal comes from.
>>
>>    But I DO worry why I can't get F8 to work. It works a few days and
>> then goes to hell. So I am back here on F7 which seems to work well.
>> At least the audio is good and I can do things I must.
>>

>> Karl
>>

> I still have an Fedora 7 system, not because one version is
> problematic over another but because I downloaded the image and never
> burned a DVD for the other computer yet.
>
> I do now have a problem with the Fedora 7 computer where nmd or some
> other factor related to names for the server to connect is busted but
> I can still use the ip. The speed for transfers is faster than the
> windows server for the same task, so I'll wait for a fix once I get
> the DVD burned for an upgrade or just wait until Fedora 9 is released.
>
> Basically, if one version works for you and is still supported with
> updates, there is no great reason to rush for an upgrade in version.
> If Fedora 7 works best for you, you have awhile before it becomes
> unsupported. Fedora 9 is not yet in the alpha phase so time is not
> critical.
>
> Regarding finances, I'm far from rich.
>
> Jim

    Hi Jim, well I really have had nothing but trouble with F8. I can
get zero help from this list so I will just relax and enjoy F7. As for
your problem, nmd what ever that is must be working :-)

    On F8 the sound is failing and no known cause for this. I will soon
not be working on anything. I think it is a big problem.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User