FC8 Bluetooth/hcid initialization at boot

Donald Reader fc-list at reader.ws
Sat Jan 19 03:22:24 UTC 2008

Howdy All

I have upgraded to FC8 to help solve some bluetooth issues
that I posted about earlier. But now I seem to have a few
issues with the start up of hcid at boot/reboot

1) For some reason the scanning modes are not activating
	properly which is causing other issues I believe.
	Although an easy work around is to just issue an
	hciconfig hci0 reset command and they show up.
	I am not sure if this is proper behavior or if it
	happens to be a bug in which case I have not idea
	how to report it LOL.
Now while investigating this issue I also noticed this

2) hcid is not finding a file called /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
	I have googled and tried every other avenue I know of
	to try and figure out if this is a missing file or if
	I need to create it myself. I have been able to figure
	out the functionality of the file but not how to do
	any editing of it or what the structure of the file is.
3) Can't read class of device on hci0: Input/output error
	Not sure this the real culprit of the issues or not.
	but the log reads like this.
Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Can't read class of device on hci0:
Input/output error (5)
Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Getting name failed with status 0x0c
Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Can't read class of device on hci0:
Input/output error (5)
Jan 18 13:17:08 dads hcid[2124]: Getting scan enable failed with status
0x0c

Anyway I have included a txt file with log entries and some hciconfig
output along with the hcid.conf and rfcomm.conf file contents in it for
anyone to look at if they want to. I have kept the text file short as
possible by putting only the most pertinent info in it.

Once I do a hciconfig reset I do get sound out of my headset although
I still have an issue with the mic and audio capturing. From what I
have read online bluez has come up with an update in 3.24 so guess I
need to wait till fedora releases that update to actually use my
headset with skype but am getting closer.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Donald Reader