RE: Xdmxp login to remote machine via gdm

I tried gdm-2.20.1-5 but I still couldn't get it to work- but then maybe I had already screwed the system up with all my changes.

Out of curiosity how did you get it to show the chooser? Was it under the action menu with the power button icon? I tried editing the config file directly and enabled the xdmcp, chooser, and set the chooser program. Is this correct? Or is there another setting I need to enable?

Also I did this in editing the /usr/share/gdm/default.conf file - am I editing the right file?

Thanks for the info.

> Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:06:46 -0600
> From: theatre sasktel net
> Subject: Re: Xdmxp login to remote machine via gdm
> To: fedora-list redhat com
> CC: rock_on_the_web hotmail com
>
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:40:29 +0000
> Da Rock <rock_on_the_web hotmail com> wrote:
>
> > Guys, I know that the current version of gdm on fedora has a serious lack of support for remote xdmcp login, but I need a workaround! I want to login from a crappy machine using XP to relieve a bottleneck of systems using VMWare and a fc8 appliance.
>
> I have found that sticking with gdm-2.20.1-7.fc8 works well with my LTSP
> setup. You can download that from any of the mirrors.
>
> --

Join Lavalife for free. What are you waiting for?