Re: Xdmxp login to remote machine via gdm

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:40:29 +0000
Da Rock <rock_on_the_web hotmail com> wrote:

Guys, I know that the current version of gdm on fedora has a serious lack of support for remote xdmcp login, but I need a workaround! I want to login from a crappy machine using XP to relieve a bottleneck of systems using VMWare and a fc8 appliance.

I have found that sticking with gdm-2.20.1-7.fc8 works well with my LTSP
setup.  You can download that from any of the mirrors.

What serious  lack of support?   XDMCP works fine here ...

System > Administration> Login Window > Remote > Style > Same as Local.

You just have to restart X

no probs with it