all the possibilities for emulation/virtualization under fedora?

Brian Chadwick brianchad at westnet.com.au
Sat Jan 19 10:18:15 UTC 2008

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   for the sake of a presentation i'm giving, i want to list all of the
> options for emulation and virtualization under fedora.  i won't be
> explaining them all in horrendous detail (it's only an hour), but i at
> least want to hit the high points, so i'm just trying to create a list
> -- stuff like QEMU, VirtualBox, VMwarePlayer, JumpBox, KVM, Xen ...
> and on and on.
>
>   what's worth having on that list?  after it's all over, i'll post a
> summary (and perhaps a few simple recipes) to the wiki.  thanks.
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day
> Linux Consulting, Training and Annoying Kernel Pedantry
> Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
> Home page:                                         http://crashcourse.ca
> Fedora Cookbook:    http://crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Fedora_Cookbook

I havent used QEMU, though a lot of things are based around it. I used
to use VMWare. Then I found VirtualBox. FOSS and easy to use. I give it
full marks. Xen and KVM require (as far as i know) special CPU support,
and as I have an old Athloin XP3200+, I cant use them.

But yeah ... put VirtualBox on your list for sure.