Re: Supported cameras for fedora core 7

Avinash Prasad wrote:
Hi there,
will logitech camera (Quickcam Chat/Messenger) work in fedora core 7 or do i nedd to switch on to other cameras.If any others cameras are supported then do mention the names.I need the camers to be running very smoothly as i need them for my project.Which drivers will i need to run Quickcam chat/quickcam messenger?
The QuickCam Pro 4000 (which is an old model) definitely works in Fedora 7 and 8. I've used the camera in Ekiga and Skype, and I'm sure there are other applications that can use it as well. I think as long as the camera is supported under Video4Linux all is well and the camera 'just works'.

Bob Cochran