Re: all the possibilities for emulation/virtualization under fedora?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
  for the sake of a presentation i'm giving, i want to list all of the
options for emulation and virtualization under fedora.  i won't be
explaining them all in horrendous detail (it's only an hour), but i at
least want to hit the high points, so i'm just trying to create a list
-- stuff like QEMU, VirtualBox, VMwarePlayer, JumpBox, KVM, Xen ...
and on and on.

  what's worth having on that list?  after it's all over, i'll post a
summary (and perhaps a few simple recipes) to the wiki.  thanks.

I have the need to run the ancient OS/2 system once or twice a year due to business obligations and for that purpose I have such a system installed. It would be nice to have a virtual machine for that purpose but I haven't been able to find one which would do the job. VMware specifically states that they do not support it and VirtualBox (Innotek) requires cpus with AMD-V or similar support.

Please if possible include such guest system limitations/requirements in the wiki.

--
Erik.