Where do i change the default DVD application?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 19:05:53 UTC 2008

Hey,

I just wanted to play a DVD in Fedora 8 and found that it (by default)
starts totem when you insert a dvd movie but i don't want totem for my
dvd! i want mplayer for it (installed and working) but i can't find
anything to set mplayer to the default for playing DVD movies.

i tried gnome-default-applications-properties but that doesn't have a
dvd option.
So where can i change the behavior that totem starts my dvd movies?

This really should be placed in a future gnome-default-applications-properties!
(gonna fill as feature request on the bugzilla of redhat).

Mark.