Re: automatic installation of PAE-enabled kernel?

| From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters mac com>

| If I'm not mistaken, some older via chipsets will result in kernel panic if
| booting a PAE kernel, which is why PAE is not default.

I thought that "everything" mainstream supported PAE from the Pentium
Pro on.  That turns out not to be the case.  Intel exception: the
original Pentium M and variantsdid not.

AMD didn't support PAE until the Athlon (my AMD K6 has no PAE; my
Athlon XP has PAE).

VIA didn't support PAE until the C7.