Re: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs

John,

 I installed from an ISO image on a USB hard drive. Very easily done.
Make sure the name is the same. The install process will ask you where
to find the Packages and you just select local hard drive.
You boot from the cd. I don't remember if you need to supply 'askmethod'
on the boot command line or not?

--
William Estrada
MrUmunhum popdial com

 Message: 11 Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:07:06 -0500 From: "John K.
 Herreshoff" <jkherr power-net net> Subject: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs
 To: fedora-list redhat com Message-ID:
 <200801191407 06301 jkherr power-net net> Content-Type: text/plain;
 charset="us-ascii"

 Hi.  I've burned a dvd image for Fedora 8.  My Tyan S2466 Motherboard
 and Sony DRU-840A will not boot the dvd.  They will, however, boot
 from a CD image. The problem is probably the Tyan motherboard.  Where
 do I get CD iso images so I can boot and install Fedora 8...  Or is
 there a way to take the dvd iso image and split it into install disks
 for CDs?  I can read the DVD in linux, I just cannot boot from it
 ;-)

 John.