F8 is a problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Jan 19 20:24:37 UTC 2008

Jim Cornette wrote:

> I still have an Fedora 7 system, not because one version is problematic
> over another but because I downloaded the image and never burned a DVD
> for the other computer yet.

You don't have to burn the DVD if your computers are on the same
network. I loop mounted the DVD image, created a bootable USB memory
stick (The image is in the images directory, as well as
instructions.) and do a HTML install. You can also burn a bootable
CD, but I like to use the memory stick because it is reusable.

I have also done an install from a DVD image on a hard drive, but I
have a separate partition that does not get reformatted during an
install.

Mikkel