Re: all the possibilities for emulation/virtualization under fedora?

Erik P. Olsen wrote:

I have the need to run the ancient OS/2 system once or twice a year due to business obligations and for that purpose I have such a system installed. It would be nice to have a virtual machine for that purpose but I haven't been able to find one which would do the job. VMware specifically states that they do not support it and VirtualBox (Innotek) requires cpus with AMD-V or similar support.

Xen and KVM should both do it, with HV. Apparently the others play funny bees with the object code.

Microsoft's Virtual PC allows one to choose an OS/2 profile, much to my astonishment. Of course, that might mean Microsoft OS/2.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait