Supported cameras for fedora core 7

Brian Chadwick brianchad at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 20 01:07:07 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> Brian Chadwick:

> Tim:
>
>>> Revision 1.61 	2005-02-21
>>>
>>> That's going to be quite a bit out of date.
>>>

> Brian Chadwick:
>
>> maybe some more googling will help you ... try it ... its free
>>

> I'm not the original poster, I just made an observation.

So did I
> My second
> observation suggests that you're a person who suggests that people
> should just Google things, presuming that anything it returns will be
> suitable without paying much attention.

For me, 99.9% of information about linux and Fedora has been gleaned by
searching forums and googling. I suspect that is the case for most other
users as well. Its a good habit to get into, and that I why I suggest it.
> The original poster did ask a specific question about a specific camera.
> The most obvious thing about that question would be they'd hope that
> someone would answer about that camera in particular.  i.e. Perhaps
> someone's already got the same one, and can say that it worked well, or
> they never managed it.
Quite True, someone may answer, in the mean time, getting into the habit
of doing your own searching is not such a bad thing.

>   A two year old document isn't likely to be
> applicable to a current camera, nor the current level of webcam support
> in a current Fedora.
>
> Perhaps you might apply a bit more thought when reading and responding,
> it won't cost you anything, either.

Perhaps you might assist the guy and lay off me.