Re: Where to get Fedora 8 CDs

On Jan 19, 2008 7:33 PM, David Timms <dtimms iinet net au> wrote:
William Estrada wrote:
>  I installed from an ISO image on a USB hard drive. Very easily done.
> Make sure the name is the same. The install process will ask you where
> to find the Packages and you just select local hard drive.
then select the /dev/sd-whatever of the usb drive.

> You boot from the cd.
rescue cd that is; it has the anaconda installer on it, that gets the
install process started.

> I don't remember if you need to supply 'askmethod'
> on the boot command line or not?
When the installer can't find the whole DVD of packages, I think it does
that automatically.

DaveT.

I'm having the same issue - is it not possible to boot from the DVD?