That ole Livna Problem/That ole VLC Problem

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Jan 20 03:40:36 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008, Chris Jones wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > They initially set up livna to watch DVD's.  Then they get a nice
> > ivtv-based MPEG enocder card, and decide to set up MythTV.  ATrpms is
> > 'THE' place to get MythTV for Fedora.  So they set up ATrpms.

> > Now they install vlc.

> In which case they should look into yum priorities. The following page
> is for Centos, but explains the principle.

I'm using priorities myself, on my OpenNMS/nagios/cacti CentOS 5 monitoring
box.

But priorities is a newbie thing? A default thing?  If it were default (and
it's been so long since I've used anything default that it might be and I
don't know it) and a default set of priorities were provided (or a very
conspicuous notice with the repository setup stating that priorities needs to
be set up before using the repo) then perhaps it might be a useful newbie
solution.
--
Lamar Owen
www.pari.edu