Re: Linux Linksys Kiss 1600 PC-Link

On Sun, 2008-01-20 at 08:32 +0000, Dick Holland wrote:
> To close a very old thread

No, you haven't.  You've replied to ANOTHER thread, hijacking that one.

Your message is not tied to its original thread in any way.  I, and many
others, will NOT find it when looking for a resolution to that thread.
that thread.

NB:  Threads are not "threaded" by the text written in the subject line.
They're threaded by the message headers that say *this* message is
"in-reply-to" the "message-id" of the message that it's *actually* in
reply to, and a "references" header that lists the other messages in the
same thread.

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.12-52.fc7 i686 i386